Last updated: 26 August 2019
Controller of personal information: Matrix Education, Level 4, 210 Clarence Street, SYDNEY NSW 2000, Australia (trading as “Matrix Bookshop”), is the data controller of personal information collected and processed through Matrix Bookshop Services.
What Personal Information we collect
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve Matrix Bookshop Services. The types of information we gather include:
- Information you give us: we receive and store information you provide us when you use Matrix Bookshop Services. For example, your name and address, purchases you make, payment details, competition entries, survey responses, and messages you send us.
- Automatic information: we automatically receive and store certain types of information when you use Matrix Bookshop Services, including information about how you’ve used the site and what services you’ve interacted with. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your device accesses our website or other content served on our behalf on other websites.
- Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources. For example, we may receive credit history information in order to help prevent and detect fraud, or payment confirmations from payment processors.
Purposes for which we process your personal information
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Matrix Bookshop Services. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services (e.g. processing payments and communicating with you about your orders, or for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service).
- Recommendations and personalisation (e.g. to recommend products that might be of interest to you, and to personalise your experience).
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Matrix Bookshop Services, and for internal record keeping.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Matrix Bookshop Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, intercom-chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Matrix Bookshop, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers, or other information we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time we may contact you for market research purposes.
Do we share your personal information?
- Transactions involving third parties: We may offer services or sell product lines jointly with third party businesses, such as discount codes provided by third parties. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party to the extent needed to provide you with the relevant service.
- Protection of Matrix Bookshop and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Matrix Bookshop, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What about cookies?
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Our website may include third-party advertising and contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided on our websites, or
Are Children Allowed to Use Matrix Bookshop Services?
Matrix Bookshop does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use Matrix Bookshop Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing please contact us via email@example.com or +61 1300 008 008.